Native Instruments Kontakt 7 v7.8.0
For 20 years, KONTAKT has been the backbone of countless film scores and pop hits, as well as thousands of incredible instruments from NI and your favorite NKS developers alike. Now, with a new HiDPI browsing experience, an overhauled Factory Library, new creative effects, and under-the-hood audio improvements, the next evolution is nearly here.
HREE NEW INSTRUMENTS
KONTAKT 6 introduces the KONTAKT Play Series: Sonically rich sample libraries that combine powerful sound design with simple playability. Each offers eight intelligently mapped macro knobs giving you a wide-sweeping, intuitive range of control. They all showcase KONTAKT’s new wavetable module, each offering two blendable sound sources and a unique take on a speciality style.
Iconic 20th century hardware synthesizers captured with an intricate level of detail, and creatively processed with seminal outboard effects. This hybrid analog/digital instrument utilizes blendable sound sources to deliver a modern take on classic electro and synthwave, which have seen a resurgence in recent cinema.
Hybrid organic/electronic instrument that takes myriad acoustic instruments from around the world, and combines it with digital synthesis, organic foley layers, and effects processing. The result fuses traditional and digital, with basses, strings (bowed and plucked), wind instruments, tuned percussion, bells/metals, pads/drones, leads, and textural ambiences.
A contemporary, creative, and ultimately new take on keys and piano sounds. HYBRID KEYS moves away from conventional sampling processes and instead focuses on inventive techniques such as re-amping, creative mic positioning in interesting spaces, and vari-speed experiments with tape.
NEW FEATURES FOR BUILDERS
KONTAKT has long since grown beyond its origins as a software sampler, and now provides a solid foundation for building advanced sample-based instruments. We’ve been supporting this platform, and the people who use it, with continuous updates to KONTAKT 5, and KONTAKT 6 builds on this strategy with some big additions for you builders out there.
- Replika Delay: Based on the dedicated Native Instruments plug-in REPLIKA XT, it offers multiple delay modes, each with a vastly different sound character.
- Room Reverb: A new high-quality algorithmic room reverb that offers options for real time modulation.
- Hall Reverb: Another high-quality algorithmic reverb, tuned for hall sounds.
- Plate Reverb: Emulates a plate reverberator for for classic vintage metallic sounds.
- Cry Wah: Wah-wah effect module, based on the most popular wah pedal of all time.
The latest version of KONTAKT adds wavetable synthesis to the ever expanding KONTAKT toolset. All three of the new Play Series instruments incorporate this new module, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you create with this powerful new building block.
Creator Tools is a standalone application designed to improve the workflows of library builders and instrument creators. It consists of two elements: A Debugger, for identifying and fixing problems in KONTAKT script, and an Instrument Editor, which can load and run Lua scripts to automap samples, duplicate and batch rename groups, and copy settings from one part of an instrument to another.
- New effects, new KSP callback, Replika delay fixes
- ADDED New effects: EP Preamps, Fuzz, Big Fuzz, Stereo Tune
- ADDED Option for double click Preset loading behavior ("Loading → Files, Libraries, Quick-Load: Double-clicking a file replaces currently selected instrument slot")
- IMPROVED Loading speed when switching between snapshots of an actively loaded Instrument, when initiated from Library Browser
- IMPROVED Increased the font size in Instrument Navigator
- IMPROVED Instrument focus indicator (orange strip on the left of instrument header) is now only visible in Rack View
- IMPROVED Use the resizer from Library Browser all across Kontakt
- IMPROVED Kontakt now supports “Open with…” OS behaviors with samples, creating an instrument that has the specified sample mapped
- FIXED Crash when Kontrol mk3 Hardware Connection Service not installed on macOS
- FIXED Crash when playing a note after changing the output configuration with an already loaded Preset
- FIXED Replika delay in Diffusion mode would not output sound when note duration was shorter than delay time
- FIXED Visual glitches when resizing Kontakt’s window across multiple displays
- FIXED Replika delay not recalling delay time values correctly when loading snapshots that switch to Tape, Analogue and Vintage styles
- FIXED CPU overloads during tempo ramps when Replika delay is bypassed
- REMOVED Several entries in Options, which are now permanently enabled
- "Interface → Show mapping and keyswitches on virtual keyboard"
- "Interface → Auto-refresh Files browser"
- "Handling → Files browser: Double click audio file loads instrument"
- ADDED KSP New callback type for defining behavior of all UI controls by their ID in a single callback, on ui_controls
- IMPROVED KSP $EVENT_PAR_SOURCE now works in multi scripts
- ADDED API link_resource_container()command
- IMPROVED API When creating a resource container, typing .nkr extension is not required anymore
- IMPROVED API When drag and dropping a Lua script onto Kontakt’s rack, it will now be listed in recently used scripts
- IMPROVED API If there is an error when creating a resource container, dialog will not be created any longer, instead this information will be logged to the terminal
- FIXED API When creating a resource container, scripts from Resources/scripts folder would not be available to the builder for linking immediately
- FIXED API When linking a script via set_instrument_script_linked_filename(), the script would not be applied
- KNOWN ISSUE When Kontakt is started from VS Code, logging incoming KSP/API messages is not working (it is working when Kontakt is started from Sublime Text)
- KNOWN ISSUE Hover state missing from new menus, when Kontakt is hosted as a plug-in on macOS
- Title: Native Instruments Kontakt 7 v7.8.0 U2B
- Developer: Native Instruments
- Compatibility: macOS 10.15 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: Pre-K'ed
- Size: 840.38 MB