Do you really need to unpack the entire archive when you need to see a single file or just browse its content? Not with the ArchCommander app...
ArchCommander is a tool that helps you manage your archive files.
It allows you to perform many operations without unpacking the entire archive file. That includes:
- browsing files and folders
- viewing files from archives in Quick Look
- opening and editing files from archives in other applications
- searching for files in archives
And of course, you can unpack selected files or everything, and create brand new archives as well as adding or removing files from existing archives (if they support modification).
Unpacking and create archives is also possible directly from the Finder - just select the files and use the context menu to select the operation.
The archives can be encrypted and protected with a password.
If you have an archive file created on an operating system that does not use Unicode you can open it in ArchCommander and select the right characters encoding for file names (available for arj, lha/lzh, zip, rar and tar archives).
ArchCommander delivers its Quick Look plugin that allows you to display archive files content directly from the Finder - just hit a space bar.
ArchCommander supports the following archive formats for read-write (browse, unpack, create, modify) :
- tar (excluding files/folders removal)
You can also create, but not modify, the following archives:
The following archive formats are supported for read-only (browse, unpack):
- rar, arj, lha, lzh, iso, xar, cpio, rpm, cab, z, lzma
- vdi, vmdk, vhd, msi, hfs, fat, sfs, chm
- Faster unpack thanks to use of multiple jobs per unpack operation
- Added support for tabs
- The user can now extend and restrict selection using wildcards (press "+" or "-")
- The user can invert the selection (press "*")
- Help Book added
- Improved search (with search options)
- Items in archived can now be renamed (7z, zip, jar, wim)
- Showing more file attributes (Compression Ratio, Compression Method, Encrypted)
- ‘Forward’ and ‘Back’ buttons added to menu, toolbar and Touch Bar
- Added ‘Do not ask again’ option for a file update dialog shown when a file was updated
- BUGFIX: changing previewed arch item may hangs the app
- BUGFIX: when writing to a tar fails, there is no error message shown
- BUGFIX: overwrite dialog when unpacking from a tar shows incorrect in-arch path
- BUGFIX: making a tar archive of a folder with a special file in it (like socket, character device or block device file) never completes
- BUGFIX: packing into a zip/wim a folder with sockets/block/char devices always fails the entire operation
- BUGFIX: canceling the rename operation leaves the item displayed with the changed name
- BUGFIX: edit with Cmd+4 does not update a file in the archive when it is updated in the editor
- Title: ArchCommander 2.2
- Developer: Marcin Labenski
- Compatibility: macOS 10.13.6 or later
- Language: English, German, Polish
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 18.65 MB