iTrash is an uninstall utility that uses a special search algorithm (Levenshtein Distance algorithm) to find all related files and deletes them when asked.
Applications distribute several files throughout your system storage devices. Deleting an application itself is mostly not enough and will leave several files untouched.
- Simple drag-and-drop
- Enabled 'Put Back' feature in trash (OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard only)
- QuickLook support (OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard only)
- Ghost Mode : Background mode. Drop something into the trash and iTrash pops up. Works on all available volumes.
- Expert mode : To find even more possible related files.
- Application lister : shows all installed applications on all volumes (not just the Applications Folder)
- Finds visible and hidden files
- Improved searching algorithm for macOS 10.12.x (now also catches Application Scripts).
- Keychains are now also scanned and prompted for removing if needed.
- Now also takes care of SecurityAgentPlugins.
- Improved searching for Launchdaemons.
- Faster scanning for related .zip, .pkg and .dmg files.
- Fixed issue retrieving the Bundle Identifier of apps.
- Fixed issue reading Touchbar ID.
- Fixed issue launching Ghost Mode.
- Fixed issue removing Widgets.