Never miss another call or text message. HandsFree 2 runs un-intrusively in the background with an always available menu icon. Easily make calls, send a message or even record an important conversation.
And it works with any Bluetooth enabled phone. That’s right, Windows Phone, BB, iPhone and even Android is compatible. It’s like OS X Continuity except for everyone and with more features.
Check out the list of included features:
- Make a call right from your Mac by either choosing an existing contact, or by using the dial pad.
- Get notified right away of an incoming call with the person’s name or number (requires Caller ID service).
- Incoming text messages will appear on your Mac, with the option to reply. Need to send a text message? No problem, you can do that too*.
- Record any call with one click, as well as easily open up a previous recording.
- Quickly see all the missing, incoming and outgoing call lists.
- Phone’s battery and signal levels, as well as a roaming indicator.
- Contacts app plugin.
- [New] Displaying the status of the phone below the name so it's more obvious what the app is doing, especially on startup.
- [New] Added menu option to easily reconnect to the phone if it failed.
- [Fixed] Issue where the app would not be able to connect to the phone.
- [Fixed] Issue where if the app didn't have access to the Mac based contacts, the text messaging feature would be unavailable.
- [Fixed] Issue where no suggestions would be displayed for contacts when sending a text message if the app didn't have access to the Mac based contacts.
- [Fixed] Issue where the dial pad window would not have the name of phone as its title.
- [Fixed] Crash if the app was unable to access the MAS (Message Access Server) on the phone for the text messaging feature.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if the app disconnected from the phone.
- [Fixed] Potential crash after a call was finished.
- [Fixed] Second potential crash after a call was finished. This time it was a bug in macOS that we implemented a unique workaround for.
- [Fixed] Minor memory leak when receiving a text message.
- [Improved] The app will no longer beachball when downloading and parsing the phonebooks (contacts, missed + incoming + outgoing calls.
- [Improved] The app is now using a custom vCard parser so it can still process the phonebooks if it doesn't have access to the Contacts framework.