Never miss another call or text message. HandsFree 2 runs un-intrusively in the background with an always available menu icon. Easily make calls, send a message or even record an important conversation.
And it works with any Bluetooth enabled phone. That’s right, Windows Phone, BB, iPhone and even Android is compatible. It’s like OS X Continuity except for everyone and with more features.
Check out the list of included features:
- Make a call right from your Mac by either choosing an existing contact, or by using the dial pad.
- Get notified right away of an incoming call with the person’s name or number (requires Caller ID service).
- Incoming text messages will appear on your Mac, with the option to reply. Need to send a text message? No problem, you can do that too*.
- Record any call with one click, as well as easily open up a previous recording.
- Quickly see all the missing, incoming and outgoing call lists.
- Phone’s battery and signal levels, as well as a roaming indicator.
- Contacts app plugin.
- Contact phone numbers now have a text label for easier identification instead of an icon
- Dial pad window now moves just below the outgoing call window for a better user experience
- App stability across the board
- Using a new and clearer icon for switching audio sources in the call dialog
- Completely re-written engine that deals with getting the phonebooks (outgoing, incoming, missed and contacts), getting existing SMS, listening for new SMS and sending SMS; the reliabilty of these features should be quite a bit better now
- Potential crash when closing the outgoing call window
- Potential crash when the phone is disconnected suddenly (ex: out of range)
- Issue where the option to send a text message would sometimes not appear after connecting to the phone
- Issue where connecting to an iPhone would sometimes fail, leaving the app in an unusable state
- Issue where the caller name would have garbage characters when using an iPhone
- Issue where the dial pad would quickly jump up then back down in height when a call was placed
- Attachment icon overlapping the text message subject in the menu item