Audio Hijack 3.3.2
Audio Hijack (formerly Audio Hijack Pro) drastically changes the way you use audio on your computer, giving you the freedom to listen to audio when you want and how you want. Record and enhance any audio with Audio Hijack - it's the cornerstone of your digital audio experience.
Audio Hijack will allow you to record any application's audio, from Internet streams to DVD audio and everywhere in between. If your machine can play it, Audio Hijack can record it. And that's not all - Audio Hijack will also enhance any audio, using industry-standard VST and AudioUnit audio effects to make your music sound incredible. Record. Enhance. Enjoy!
- Major Enhancement: It's now possible for advanced users to lower audio processing latency! The new latency slider in Audio Hijack's preferences can be adjusted to reduce or remove any slight echoing you may hear while monitoring audio flow through Audio Hijack.
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack now offers safer recording for AAC and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files, to avoid any loss of audio in the event of an issue. There are now two different “Container” options. The new .mp4 is recommended, but the older .m4a option remains available.
- Major Enhancement: Capturing audio from the Slack application is now fully supported when Instant On is installed.
- Major Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.2.6, with a plethora of small fixes and improvements.
- Enhancement: The Menu Bar Meters block now has proper Retina art in the menu bar. Our long, blurry nightmare is finally over. As well, the desired meter type is now correctly saved.
- Enhancement: Files in the Recordings tab can now be right-clicked to access a contextual menu, offering controls for manipulating the recording.
- Enhancement: The Schedule area of the Home window will now visually indicate when conflicts exist between timers.
- Enhancement: The Time Shift block has been improved in several ways, fixing a display issue with large jumps, providing a better VoiceOver value, and improving the explanatory text.
- Enhancement: The default quality levels have been improved for both MP3 and AAC recordings.
- Enhancement: Presets for several blocks have been improved to save additional settings, including saving album art as part of Recorder block presets, saving all settings in the Application source block, and saving the specified channels in an Output block.
- Enhancement: When an audio device's name changes, Audio Hijack will immediately reflect the new name.
- Enhancement: A selected item in the Recordings area will now collapse if multiple files are selected. As well, Recordings (and Timers in the Schedule tab) will toggle between expanded and collapsed when clicked, as well as with the left and right arrow keys.
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack can convert .mp4 files to .m4a, for compatibility purposes. To access the conversion option, right-click the file in the Recordings area.
- Enhancement: VoiceOver improvements! When VoiceOver is active, a “Pin Popover Open” option is added to contextual menus for blocks. The popover window's role has also been adjusted, so popovers appear in VoiceOver's ‘Window Chooser'. Finally, labels for the “Close” and “Pin” buttons in popovers have been improved.
- Enhancement: AirPlay output device name changes are now better recognized, and a better title (“No AirPlay Receiver Selected”) is shown if AirPlay doesn't have a destination set.
- Bug Fix: The display of app names for background processes (accessible by holding option while clicking the Source select in an Application block) has been improved.
- Bug Fix: An issue where HE-AAC files could suffer from slow playback in the Recordings tab has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: The low-end Hz frequency readouts for the DeHum, Low Pass, and Mono Enhancer blocks no longer incorrectly round to the nearest 10 Hz.
- Bug Fix: A recursion where tokens in Recorder fields could refer back to one another and cause an infinite loop has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: A crash which could be caused by malformed ID3 tags has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: An issue where incompletely loaded windows could appear when importing a Session has been corrected.
- Other: Audio Hijack now better conveys why there's a delay if AAC files are finalized on quit.
- Other: Many smaller improvements have also been made, including better trial warning text in the Session's LCD, limiting the dimensions of saved album art (900x900px), cosmetic improvements to the Recordings tab, cosmetic improvements for missing audio devices, revised art for missing inputs, improved handling of playback via spacebar in the Recordings area, and improved popover placement near the menu bar.