MKVtools is a collection of tools used to manipulate video files. It's primary purpose is to convert mkv files into more user friendly formats for playback on a variety of hardware.
- Convert videos to either .avi files or .mp4 files.
- Extract the selected .mkv tracks as individual video, audio and/or subtitle files.
- Intuitively select desired video, audio and/or subtitle tracks to procces, with the ability to verify the selections using video preview.
- Use presets for one step encoding or passthru copying for playback on a variety of hardware.
- Embed selected subtitle track (i.e., hard subtitles) into the video.
- Control the font, size and positioning of the embeded subtitles.
- Split .mkv videos into sections of a specified file size or by start/end time.
- Extract or delete tracks from .mkv files.
- Join, mux and change the pixel aspect ratio of .mp4 videos.
- Add jobs to a queue either individually or in batches via drag and drop so you can process multiple files overnight (registered copies only).
What's New:Version 3.7:
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
- Title: MKVtools 3.7
- Developer: EmmGunn
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: KG
- Size: 71.86 MB