App Tamer 2.3.5
App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it -- when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don't waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis -- liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
What's New:Version 2.3.4:
- App Tamer can now be set to quit applications after they've been idle in the background for a certain amount of time. Note that if the application pops up alerts about unsaved changes, etc, those alerts will still pop up. App Tamer doesn't auto-OK them or otherwise intervene.
- There were situations in which App Tamer's management of CPU usage could fail for apps that have multiple sub-processes, like web browsers and Spotlight. This issue has been fixed, so managed apps should stick more closely to the CPU usage you've set for them.
- When you turn on Time Machine Acceleration, App Tamer checks to see if Time Machine is also configured to be slowed to a particular CPU limit and will put up an alert to let you know that these settings are at cross purposes.
- App Tamer's own CPU usage has been reduced.
- Title: App Tamer 2.3.5
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 8.87 MB