App Tamer 2.3.3
App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it -- when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don't waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis -- liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
What's New:Version 2.3.3:
- Added the ability to change a process' priority. While this generally doesn't make much of a performance difference, it can when multiple processes are competing for disk or network access. Hold down the Option key while clicking on a process in the process list to access the slider in the process property popover.
- There's now a checkbox to speed up Time Machine backups in the Options tab of the preferences.
- App Tamer will no longer alert you to processes using too much CPU when its process management is turned off.
- You can no longer limit the CPU usage of WindowServer or hidd because that can cause Bad Things.
- Processes using an average of more than 5% CPU are shown in bold.
- App Tamer's icon in the menu bar uses slightly less space.
- Title: App Tamer 2.3.3
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 8.57 MB