App Tamer 2.6
App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it -- when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don't waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis -- liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
What's New:Version 2.6:
- Compatible with macOS 11.0 Big Sur.
- Built as a Universal App to run natively on Apple Silicon.
- macOS 10.9 or later is now required for App Tamer to run.
- Putting a CPU limit on Spotlight Indexer could sometimes slow Spotlight searches. This has been fixed.
- App Tamer's application icon and preference tabs have been updated to match the aesthetics of Big Sur.
- When App Tamer is set to hide or quit an application after a period of idle time, notifications are only posted when that is done successfully. This eliminates repeated notifications from App Tamer in cases where an app refuses to hide or quit when it's told to.
- Eliminated a memory leak.
- Title: App Tamer 2.6
- Developer: St. Clair Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 12.69 MB