Prison Architect the slammer 1.0
Build and Manage A Maximum Security Prison.
Build and manage a Maximum Security Prison. As the sun casts it’s early morning rays on a beautiful patch of countryside the clock starts ticking. You’ve got to crack on and build a holding cell to detain the job lot of maximum security prisoners that are trundling to your future prison on their yellow bus. As your workmen lay the last brick you don’t have a moment to let them rest as they need to get started on the first proper cell block so you can make room for the next prisoner intake. Once they’ve all got a place to lay their weary heads the fun can really start.
You’ll need a canteen, infirmary and a guard room, oh, and don’t forget to plumb in a toilet, or things will get messy, but what about a workout area? Or solitary confinement cells? Or an execution chamber?
Inspired by Dungeon Keeper, Dwarf Fortress and Theme Hospital and with over 1 million players having spent time inside, Prison Architect is the world’s best lock-em-up.
Prison Architect opens with the story of Edward, a man facing the electric chair for committing a crime of passion. This is followed by four additional chapters focusing on different characters and aspects of prison life. From Mafia Dons to power-crazed senators, Prison Architect has them all! To bring these characters to life, Introversion teamed up with award winning professional writer Chris Hastings, producing an enthralling tale of corruption and human misery set against the background of the modern prison industrial complex.
Finished your supermax? Got guard dogs roving every corridor and prisoners eating out of your hand? Now you can live the horror by firing up escape mode and play as a prisoner hell-bent on getting the hell out of dodge.
Dig a tunnel, go for the armoury or start a riot and slip out in the chaos, it’s entirely up to you! Figure out how to escape from your own creation, or hit the random button and load one of the 12,000 prisons created by the steam co
What's New:"The Slammer" Update is Now Live!
Free Update Including New Content, Deployment Changes, and Bug Fixes
- Deployment Overhaul:
- Deployment context presentation and visuals improved. Now you can see your prison!
- You can now assign Armed Guards and Dog Handlers to patrols and zones.
- You can now have 2 different intersecting patrol routes.
- Patrol routes and zones can now be prioritized, to ensure your most important areas are manned first.
- New Items, Floors, Walls
- New Walls & Doors: Yutani Wall (Sci Fi), Visitor's Door, Secure Door (with a flap to deliver food trays to prisoners inside a cell), coloured Fence Gates.
- New Floors: Mud, Grate, and Solaco (Sci Fi - goes great with the Yutani Wall).
- New Objects: Table (Small) Bench (Small), Bleachers, Bush, Trees (Snowy Conifer, Palm), Lights (Flood Light, Street Light, Wall Light), Shower Pillar, Ironing Board (Small), Office Chair, Door Mat.
- New furniture such as new chairs, short benches, short tables will fulfill room requirements.
- New Jungle plot and Snowbound plot options added, to start a new prison on.
- New Guard Pavillion towers are unlocked for players who sign up for a Paradox account.
- Keyboard hot-keys added for cycling through options in in-game item menus ([Z] and [X]), and for closing menus ([C]).
- Rotations for more of the existing objects and furniture that didn't have them (Workshop Saw, Press, Roadgate, Ironing Board, Altar, Bench).
- New Moving/Relocating Objects feature. Just double-click an object, re-position, and a Worker will do the rest.
- Staff and Dog names added.
- New Bureaucracy researched option. When starting a new game, you can begin with everything researched.
- Additional x10 game speed button.
- Filters and sort-by options added to the Objects menu.
- Metal detector searches now search both the inmate and the box they’re carrying.
- New context-sensitive quick “Add Doors” function, to any wall. Just double-click on a solid wall.
- Prison cleanliness mutator option "Reduce Dirt Build Up".
- Security Camera artwork now indicate the direction they're pointing.
- New quick menu links from the top HUD bar. Clicking on 'Danger', 'Days', 'Balance', Guards, etc. all launch various UIs.
- Clone tool region increased in size.
- Added code that will allow modders to specify menu sprites for any of their objects, enabling modders to attach any image to an object.
- The Mutators (menu) can now be accessed and adjusted mid-game. This is handy for players who wish to turn off/on Mutators in other player's prisons.
- Added Hedge rounded end pieces, and improved all hedges to look better with shadows and when doors are built on them.
- Ability to search for Objects via a specific room, in the Objects menu text box. E.g. type "Yard" to filter and show all Yard objects.
- "New!" yellow star icons now display for any newly added features.
- Prisoners & Staff can now be seen by CCTV cameras in Warden Mode.
- Logistics context presentation and visuals improved. Now you can see your prison.
- Fixed an issue where the Water Boiler was not connecting to water pipes (due it being damaged or moved).
- If you fire staff while the game is paused, only the first staff member that was clicked on will now be fired.
- Guards/Snipers in Guard Towers are now protected from the weather/rain (as if they were indoors).
- At shower time prisoners will now correctly prioritize communal shower rooms, before cuing to use another prisoner’s cell shower.
- The tooltip instruction for the Room Clearing functioning has been added to the Rooms Tooltip.
- When building Quick Rooms, Cell doors are now kept open until the room is completed, to allow workers to enter and finish the room.
- Doors are moved from the Objects menu and into the "Walls & Doors" menu.
- Fix: Moving electrical utility items will now spawn new wires.
- Fix: The correct Warden sprite shows in the staff reports screen.
- Fix: Certain advanced items are now counted in a Grant's requirements (e.g. Visitor booths instead of Tables).
- Snipers now carry Jail Keys, enabling them to get around the prison and into the Armory easier.
- The Bookshelf now caters to the prisoner's "Literacy" Need a bit. A green zone displays its area-of-effect.
- Guards operating certain stations will not participate (leave their station) in prison searches or Shakedowns.
- Guards will now open doors for separated dogs. If for example the dog's handler is killed.
- Added a Borderless Fullscreen Mode option, which is also changeable via the PDX Launcher.
- The Main Menu now included a page system for our dev updates. Allowing us to keep previous/older updates, and tell you all about the latest additions and improvements.
- Added a Screen Display option for players with multiple monitors, which is also hooked into the PDX Launcher.
- New screenshot mode available as a game option, in the Options Menu. Toggle On/Off by holding [H] and pressing [Enter].
- Fixed an issue where sprinklers were showing healing animation when triggered.
- Added support for PDX Launcher on startup
- Paradox Interactive's custom launcher is a simple tool that allows you to easily play any Paradox games or resume your latest save game. It's also allowing us to showcase new content, new updates, or other important messages about Prison Architect!
- Title: Prison Architect the slammer 1.0
- Release Date: 17 September 2019
- Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
- Developer: Double Eleven, Introversion Software
- Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: Multilangual
- Includes: DRM-free version of the game from GOG store.
- Size: 528.41 MB