Amnesia: The Dark Descent v1.3.1
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a first person horror game with focus on immersion. It is a game where atmosphere and story comes first.
Daniel awakens in a desolate Prussian castle without any memories to explain his situation. A letter written by himself reveals that the amnesia is actually self-inflicted. The mysterious message urges him to seek out and kill Alexander, a man residing deep below the castle. Hunted by a dark shadow, Daniel can see no other way out. If he is to save his life and mind, he needs to find out what it is all really about. It is his only hope for salvation. A dark descent awaits.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is brought to you by the same developers behind the critically acclaimed Penumbra series. With this new title, Frictional Games aim to take horror gaming to a new level. The game enables real-world physics, making interaction truly intuitive, and allows you to step inside the world of Amnesia. Pick up and manipulate almost any object, study them, and find a way to use them to your advantage. Feel the excitement of being an ordinary person trapped inside a fantastic and dangerous setting.
Forget about fighting back. To survive you need to use your wits. Sneak, hide, and if all else fails – run!
Forget about cutscenes and other breathers. Everything that happens, happens to you first hand. Become Daniel and uncover your past in a maze of forgotten memories.
Enter an interactive nightmare where reality is a fragile concept.
Do you have what it takes to survive?
- True Survival Horror - Horror is not a feature – it is the very essence of Amnesia.
- Unique Physics-driven Interaction - Based on real-world physics, this innovative system allows for a natural approach to interaction. Slowly open a door or throw it open. Closely examine an item or throw it across the room. Stack things together to climb and reach that upper level.
- Storytelling- Inspired by true events of human evil, the game tells a terrifying tale of the darkness within us all. A thought provoking journey into the human psyche, forcing the question: what would you have done?
- Optimized for your Computer - The game engine has been designed to accommodate both old and new computers. Are your computer a few years older than it should be? No problem, Amnesia will run and look incredible even on low performance systems. Newer computers can take advantage of special high-end features, such as SSAO and parallax mapping, making the game look even better.
- High Production Indie - Taking several years of hard work to complete, the game features a cutting edge engine, high quality art, sound, studio recorded dialogue, and more.
What's new in version 1.3.1:
- Fixes various crash issues related to the added gamepad support in 1.3.
- Fixed being able to rebind the lean buttons.
- Updated launcher to correctly limit SSAO samples to 32x.