HoudahSpot is a powerful file search tool. Use HoudahSpot to locate hard-to-find files and keep frequently used files within reach.
HoudahSpot will immediately feel familiar. It works just the way you expect search to work. Start with a simple search. Refine it by adding and combining criteria. Browse search results. Add columns. Preview files and text matches. Pick the files you really need.
- Find files by name, text, content kind, author, recipient, pixel count, etc.
- Combine criteria to narrow down search results
- Specify which folders to search and which ones to exclude
- Add any of the hundreds of columns available
- Apply filters to reduce search results to only the relevant items
- Preview files and text matches
- Open files and, where the application supports it, continue searching for text matches by pressing command-G (Find Next)
- Set up templates for recurring searches
HoudahSpot builds upon Spotlight, which comes preinstalled with OS X. It helps you find the files you need:
- Mails about a CV or resumé received this year
- Word processing files containing the word "invoice" or "estimate"
- Image files named "logo" more than 512 pixels wide
- Files created, modified or opened within the last 7 days
- HoudahSpot used to refuse to rename a file if only letter case was changed
- Fixed a bug with initial keyboard focus on macOS Sierra
- Fixed a bug where HoudahSpot could crash while closing an active search