A powerful writing environment for novelists and screenwriters. Do you have a story to tell? Unlike conventional word processors, Storyist helps you track your plot, characters, and settings, and keeps all of your writing organized and accessible—so you can focus on telling your story.
With Storyist, you can:
- Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays. Storyist provides a rich text editor with support for comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets so you can create properly formatted manuscripts and screenplays. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting. “more…”
- Work with your story at a high-level. Storyist lets you sketch out a story using index cards and then refine it with customizable plot, character, and setting sheets.
- Keep all your writing organized and accessible. Storyist organizes your novel manuscripts, screenplays, notes, and other project-related writing so you can access them with just a few clicks.
- Create ePub and Kindle editions of your work.
- Word processor with support comments, images, headers, footers, and style sheets.
- Automatic manuscript and screenplay formatting with familiar tab and return key shortcuts.
- Virtual cork board with support for color-coded index cards.
- Customizable story sheets.
- Imports and exports RTF, Plain Text, Word, Scrivener, Fountain, and Final Draft FDX files.
- Exports ePub, Kindle, and PDF.
- Works great with Storyist for iOS, so you can create, review, and revise your work wherever inspiration strikes
What's New:Version 3.5:
- Print-Ready PDFs. Use the book templates in Storyist to turn your manuscript into a print-ready PDFs. The new book editor lets you add front matter (like a table of contents); specify verso/recto pages; and set trim size, margins, and bleed.
- Blurb Trade Book Templates. Storyist has partnered with Blurb, a popular self-publishing platform, to provide you with book creation and distribution tools that make it easy to print and sell your work. Use the included print-optimized templates to quickly build beautiful Blurb Trade Books.
- Split and Merge Tools. You can now split and merge text files.
- Page numbers can now be displayed as roman numerals.
- Support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Fixed a bug in style editor preventing edited styles from being applied to the text in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug preventing styles that inherit from styles with a heading level from having a body text level.
- When you delete a template in the template chooser, Storyist now deletes the associated PList file in the application support directory.
- Storyist no longer crashes in certain rare circumstances when changing the outline popup in the navigation bar.
- Large text files now load faster.
- Footers with different first page values are now saved and restored properly.
- Title: Storyist 3.5.0
- Developer: Storyist Software LLC
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: Serial
- Size: 11.89 MB