NeoOffice is a complete office suite for macOS. With NeoOffice, users can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, LibreOffice documents, and simple Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
NeoOffice is extremely stable and thousands of users use it daily. The NeoOffice engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on macOS for the first time.
Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that users will not find in OpenOffice or LibreOffice such as:
- NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu to open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
- File > Browse All Versions menu to restore previous versions of your documents
- Native file locking to safely edit files in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or network drives
- Native OS X grammar checking
- Native OS X text highlighting
- Support for macOS Services
- Native floating tool windows
What's New:Version 2017
- Before you buy NeoOffice, please click on the "NeoOffice Support" link and read the installation notes.
- This version is a new version of NeoOffice that is based on LibreOffice. While previous versions of NeoOffice were based on the OpenOffice code, NeoOffice 2017 is based on the LibreOffice 4.4 code.
- We switched to the LibreOffice 4.4 code because the LibreOffice code is able to open and save Microsoft Office .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx documents with fewer errors than the OpenOffice code.