MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, bit rate, language...
- Subtitles: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
The MediaInfo analyticals includes:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC, Vorbis, PCM...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dylib) versions available (command line interface and library versions are available separately, free of charge, on the editor website)
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
+ Ubuntu 17.04 packages
+ HEVC: support of stream having VPS hrd_parameters
+ FLV: support of FLV files with an ID3v2 header
+ FLV: detect some incoherent frame rates in buggy files
+ TIFF: support of more tags
+ I518, AAC: consider 4 back channels as 2 side + 2 back channels
+ Matroska: integrate all elements from Matroska specs in MediaTrace
+ WAV: parsing of MPEG Audio extension "mext" chunk and displayed in MediaTrace
+ MPC: channels count
+ AAC: ADTS/ADIF duration in case of full parsing and/or "risky bitrate estimation" option
x MXF: less false-positive detection of some files as MXF
x B1053, WAV: metadata coherency, ignore "fact" chunk more often in order to avoid bad information when this chunk is buggy
x B1029, DPX: DPX endianess not considered with some fields in MediaTrace
x Custom template: can check "Other" part as any other parts
x Matroska: fix parsing issue with small byte blocks are taken from the file e.g. when reading from HTTP link
x Matroska: files with unknown block size were flagged as truncated
x MediaTrace: values with a \n were breaking the text report lines
x Some typos (RefFrames, SPF)