MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, bit rate, language...
- Subtitles: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
The MediaInfo analyticals includes:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC, Vorbis, PCM...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dylib) versions available (command line interface and library versions are available separately, free of charge, on the editor website)
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
What's New:Version 17.12, 2017-12-21
+ MediaInfoOnline: https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline
+ jаvascript build and example
+ Dolby Vision: detection of Dolby Vision and display of profile for MPEG-TS and MP4 files
+ MPEG-4: Support of external time code tracks (.qtc)
+ JPEG 2000: Support of IMF profiles
+ F523, BDMV: Support of UHD Blu-ray playlist
+ Endianness and Sign report for PCM Matroska tracks
+ MPEG-4: Resolume DXV display
+ MPEG-4: support of file names >64 chars long or non ASCII for referenced files
+ Slight binary size optimizations
+ colour_description: some changes in order to have more readable names (DCI P3, Display P3, sRGB)
x MP4: crash with some HEVC streams with Dolby Vision
x VC-3: frame rate should not be detected as wrong when there are several frames per block
x Matroska: wrong color range info
x Matroska: fix crash with some corrupted files
x MXF: better support of height when there is an incoherence between header and footer
x transfer_characteristics: fix BT.2020 difference between values 14 and 15
x Trace: fix freeze with some files
x Trace: invalid character encoding with some MOV files
x Some memory leak fixes
- Title: MediaInfo 17.12
- Developer: MediaArea
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 9.61 MB