MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, bit rate, language...
- Subtitles: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
The MediaInfo analyticals includes:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC, Vorbis, PCM...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dylib) versions available (command line interface and library versions are available separately, free of charge, on the editor website)
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
What's New:Version 0.7.99
- EBUCore: JSON output (--Output=EBUCore_1.8_JSON)
- EBUCore: add writingLibraryName and writingLibraryVersion attributes
- Ad-ID identifier display on a single line ("Value (Registry)" format)
- MPEG-4: Better display of format of VobSub tracks
- MPEG-4: CodecID is stsd name + ObjectTypeId for mp4a, mp4v, mp4s
- AVC: preferred_transfer_characteristics support
- MPEG Video, MPEG-4 Visual, AVC, HEVC, MPEG-4, Matroska: correct detection of RGB
- matrix_coefficients: detection of Y'D'zD'x and Chromaticity-derived
- AAC: info about SBR/PS being implicit/explicit/NBC (Not Backward Compatible)
- AAC: indicate audioObjectType in CodecID
- Fix a weird 1.334 DAR due to a rounding issue
- Title: MediaInfo 0.7.991
- Developer: MediaArea
- Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 9.67 MB