Diagrams is a diagram editor for Mac that helps you increase the understanding of your structures and processes through visualization. Its approachable design, clean interface, crisp visual style, and streamlined canvas interactions allow you to produce beautiful diagrams and integrate them into your workflows in no time.
HOW IT WORKS
- Interactive Canvas — Create diagrams on the canvas, the key area of the app, through direct manipulation of diagram objects. The canvas is fully interactive and employs powerful layout features that help streamline your workflows.
- Elements & Relationships — Unlike generic vector graphics tools, Diagrams is specifically optimized for structured diagrams consisting of elements and relationships. By leveraging these core building blocks, you’ll create diagrams more quickly with no fiddling around.
- Types — Each element and relationship is associated with a type that defines its meaning and its visual style. Utilize reusable types to make your diagrams more consistent and comprehensive.
- Palettes — A palette is a collection of types attached to each new diagram. You can pick from built-in presets, customize existing palettes, or craft personalized palettes that contain only the types you need for your particular use cases.
- The app encourages you to assign meaning to types, but you can decide to which extent you want to embrace it. Opt for the universal palette without any particular semantics, or make use of your very specific palette — or something in between.
- Truly native Mac experience
- Clean, distraction-free user interface
- Infinite canvas with streamlined interactions
- Smart grid layout and relationship routing
- Built-in palette presets for universal use cases and flowcharts
- Palette customization
- Variety of styling options: shapes, colors, text formatting
- Exporting to image or PDF formats
- Flowcharts for visualizing processes
- Software architecture design
- Simplified UML diagrams
- User interface flows
- Organizational charts
- Business, consulting, information architecture
- Planning, brainstorming, mind mapping
- •..and more!
What's New:Version 2.1.1
In this update, we mainly focused on various quality of life improvements. As a result, the in-canvas palette is now positioned directly inside the canvas when changing the object type. You can also fully customize the toolbar and shrink the window. And, of course, we optimized and fixed bugs all over the place. Happy diagramming!
- When setting types from the canvas, the palette is no longer attached to the toolbar, which broke the flow. Instead, it’s presented directly in the canvas, just like when adding new elements or relationships.
- When the palette is attached to a canvas location that currently isn’t visible, the canvas is automatically scrolled to that location first.
- You can now customize the toolbar to match your needs, or completely hide it should you require more space to work with.
- Document windows now can be resized to even smaller sizes to give you more flexibility.
- Improved drag-and-drop selection in the palette management interface and introduced a context menu for clicks into an empty area.
- Replaced some standard system icons in context menus with custom-crafted ones.
- Improved keyboard navigation in all grid-based interfaces (palette, palette chooser).
- Enhanced the order of controls when tabbing through in the palette editing interface.
- Added tooltips to the controls for customizing element and relationship types.
- Improved handling of pressing Return when editing a type in the in-canvas palette.
- Optimized scrolling performance within the in-canvas palette.
- Improved contrast of the default selection color in the canvas.
- Clicking palette items with the Control key held down now correctly displays a context menu.
- Pressing Escape when editing a type in the palette now behaves correctly.
- Bottom buttons now update correctly when editing the title of a type in the palette.
- Text editing in the canvas now gets correctly committed when presenting the export panel.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when resizing a window on macOS Catalina.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when attempting to close a document.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the in-canvas palette from appearing under certain circumstances.
- Title: Diagrams 2.1.1
- Developer: Structured Path GmbH
- Compatibility: macOS 10.15.2 or later
- Language: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 13.48 MB