Textual is the world's most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
Powerful, yet lightweight
Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
- Multi-channel selection
- Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
- Inline nickname colorization
- Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
- iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
- Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
- Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
- Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
- Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
- Growl and native Notification Center support
- Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
- Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
- Powerful ZNC integration for power users
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
- SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
- Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
- Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
What's New:Version 7.0.3
- Added a “Current Session” marker to indicate where messages from the previous session end.
- Added “Jump to Present” action to Navigation menu which can be activated using the keyboard shortcut
- Control Command B. This action jumps the scrollback to the most recent message.
- Added “Jump to Current Session” action to Navigation menu which can be assigned a keyboard shortcut.
- This action jumps the scrollback to the “Current Session” marker.
- Added “Only play back messages you missed” preference to the ZNC Bouncer section of Server Properties.
- This preference, which is enabled by default, controls whether the entire playback buffer or only the parts you missed are played back when the playback module is installed.
- Connection names are no longer forced uppercase when Textual is running on OS X Yosemite or later.
- Connections now gracefully disconnect when your Mac goes to sleep even if the preference “Perform reconnect when waking from sleep” is disabled.
- Textual will now wait for images to be 100% loaded before they are shown inline with chat.
- Fixed scrollbars appearing invisible (plain white).
- Fixed a crash that may occur when iCloud syncing was enabled.
- Fixed inability to save trust for a self-signed certificate.
- Fixed incorrect description for TLS 1.3 cipher suites.
- Fixed new messages not appearing when received while Textual is hidden or miniaturized.
- Fixed a lock appearing next to private messages that are not encrypted.
- Fixed notifications appearing for the ZNC playback buffer when disabled.
- Title: Textual 7.0.3
- Developer: Codeux Software, LLC
- Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by TNT
- Size: 11 MB