Photo Mechanic 5.0 (build 18040)
Photo Mechanic is a photographer's image browser tool. It is the answer for professional digital photographers looking for a fast and easy-to-use image browser for digital camera files. Photo Mechanic's innovative batch captioning, renaming, speedy browsing, and Photoshop connectivity features have made it the choice of thousands of photojournalists and professional photographers worldwide. Optimized for use with professional cameras from Nikon, Canon, Olympus and Pentax, Photo Mechanic has become the standard tool for digital image browsing.
Photo Mechanic is a standalone image browser that lets you view your digital photos with convenience and speed. Photo Mechanic displays the "thumbnails" of photos on a camera disk or folder in familiar "contact sheet" display windows. You can quickly rotate, preview, copy, delete, tag, rename, and add caption / keyword (IPTC news record) information to photos both individually and in batches. Photo Mechanic helps you find the best photo amongst several similar shots with its preview display that lets you flip through a group of selected photos at high resolution. Photo Mechanic can then pass the photos you select on to Adobe Photoshop for image retouching.
Photo Mechanic's unique Image Variable technology unleashes the power of metadata. Metadata can be information saved with each photo such as image capture data or IPTC fields, or other information like the current date and time. Standard image capture data like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focal length can be accessed through "variables" and tucked-away in any IPTC field such as the caption. You can also use variables representing the current or capture time, date, or frame number, for example, for file renaming purposes. IPTC fields can be extracted using variables for use in renaming - even the filename variable can be placed in an IPTC field. One important variable called the sequence variable can be used for sequential naming or to serialize certain IPTC fields. In all, Photo Mechanic has more than 60 variables that enable customized workflows for captioning and renaming photos. The possibilities are endless!
Photo Mechanic can also print contact sheets and export HTML for Web pages. You can control the layout and size of your thumbnails, and even use Photo Mechanic's image variables to customize the text for thumbnail titles and page headers or footers, making Photo Mechanic one of the most flexible tools available for formatting your output.
Photo Mechanic 5.0 Build 18040
- Ingest now ignores the new ImgSaver.bin le created by some Canon cameras.
- Added support for Canon 5D Mk IV, M5, 1300D, and PowerShot G7 X Mk II, Olympus E-M1 Mk II and
- E-PL8 models for parsing Maker Notes.
- Added more columns and editing capabilities for Artwork or Object metadata in the IPTC dialogs.
- Warnings that appear when opening a read-only media such as a DVD-ROM can now be disabled by
- setting DISABLE_READ_ONLY_WARNINGS to ON in your PMDebug.txt le. Enabling a debug ag is
- documented here: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=PMDebug
- Warnings that appear when opening a camera card when your preference is set to not allow modi cations on a camera card can be disabled by setting DISABLE_CAMERA_CARD_WARNINGS to ON in your PMDebug.txt le. Enabling a debug ag is documented here: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=PMDebug
- Tab-Separated Value text les (*.TSV) may be chosen in the le picker brought up by clicking the Load button in the Structured Keywords dialog/panel.
- Added support for DXO Optics Pro settings les (they are associated with their base le and are copied/ moved/renamed along with the main image le.) Users who don’t use DXO Optics Pro can disable the extension by setting IGNORE_EXTENSION_DOP ON in the PMDebug.txt le. Documented here: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=PMDebug
- Fixed a hang that could occur when loading snapshots in the Live Ingest dialog.
- Fixed a hang that occurs when deleting metadata that is malformed.
- Made it possible to open the snapshot menu via keypress rather than mouse click only.
- Title: Photo Mechanic 5.0 (build 18040)
- Developer: Camera Bits, Inc.
- Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6.8 - 10.10.x
- Language: English
- Includes: Pre-K'ed
- Size: 26.33 MB