Oxford Deluxe (ODE & OTE) 14.1
Oxford's largest single-volume English Dictionary and largest Thesaurus, plus audio, all in one application —making this the largest Oxford English reference on ANY mobile platform.
- The entire Oxford Dictionary of English, Second Edition (ODE)
- Oxford Thesaurus of English, Second Edition (OTE). Including extensive reading & reference material, over and above the core content
- 72,000 pre-recorded sound files from the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary and Oxford SoundBank with native British voice actors.
Enfour, Inc.'s Application Features
- Full content of the unabridged texts
- Complete appendices and front matter
- Unique three-way cross-referencing search
- Real-time progressing look-up
- Wildcard searches for unknown spellings & quizzes
- Hyperlinking between dictionary, thesaurus, & appendices
- Unique support for round-trip search from other applications
- Fallback online searches for esoteric or archaic words and the latest slang
- Bookmarks with editable notations
- iCloud Bookmark syncing
- Automatic history
- Search from other applications via a "Services" menu item
- DarkMode support
- "Word-of-the-Day" feature with multiple words sets
- iPhone, iPod, iPad and macOS support
The Oxford Dictionary of English is at the forefront of language research, focusing on English as it is used today, informed by the most up-to-date evidence from the largest language research programme in the world, including the 800-million-word Oxford English Corpus. This revised edition includes hundreds of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information, and extensive appendices covering topics such as countries, heads of state, and chemical elements.
- The foremost single-volume authority on the English language
- Hundreds of new words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language
The WordFinder section of word lists has been fully revised and reorganized with its own quick-reference index and includes topics from clothes and food, to medicine and music, with new lists of foreign words and phrases, archaic words, imitative words, British and American equivalents, and more. It is an invaluable resource to help broaden your vocabulary and provide quick answers to word puzzles and crossword clues.
- Sound Files from the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary & Oxford SoundBank
- Authoritative coverage of more synonyms and antonyms than any other A-Z thesaurus
- New and up-to-date synonyms and senses, based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus
- Accessible and easy to use, with synonyms given in order of usefulness and key synonyms highlighted
- Lists including foreign words and phrases, and imitative words added to the completely revised center section giving useful vocabulary on a broad range of topics, from clothes and food to medicine and music
- Special Features: Choose the Right Word boxes that help distinguish between close synonyms, plus Word Links panels: look up the word 'coin' and find the link with 'numismatic'
- High-quality recordings with native English pronunciations
- Accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms, and inflections
- Adds "Open to Search" and "Search on Clipboard" settings.
- Adds new third-party dictionary links.
- Fixes for Bookmarks.
- Title: Oxford Deluxe (ODE & OTE) 14.1
- Developer: Enfour, Inc.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.15 or later
- Language: Multilingual
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 331.64 MB
- View in Mac App Store
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.