OmniOutliner Pro 5.1.1
OmniOutliner 5 Pro - Outline: think, write, do. Create perfect outlines with a powerful, productive app. This is your all-purpose tool for Mac with smart columns, scriptability, custom styles, templates, and more.
- Saved Filters PRO
- Document Stats
- Distraction-Free Mode
- Resource Search
- Touch Bar Support
- Typewriter Mode
- Dark Mode
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts Pro
- Slide-In Sidebars Pro
- Multiple-Row Focus Pro
- OPML Mode
- Excel Export Pro
- Column Width Improvements Pro
- Style Preview Pro
Context-aware support for Apple’s latest MacBook Pro. Get quick access to the most relevant controls.
Encrypt the documents you’d prefer to keep private. OmniOutliner can now encrypt documents with a password.
Add columns to any document that deserves them. Columns can be used to summarize data—like summing up your monthly budget numbers—or a different type completely, like a multiple choice selection.
Record audio for posterity while you take notes in outline form. The recording is stored inside the document and can be played back to make sure you got everything right.
Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts
Customize the shortcuts OmniOutliner uses across the board. Used to shortcuts from another app? Set them up in OmniOutliner 5 Pro.
Not only can you instantly search your document for keywords or checked boxes, but OmniOutliner 5 Pro allows you to save those filters in the sidebar.
We’ve drastically improved full-screen mode by adding a preference for automatic hiding of what you don’t need to see. Simply slide your mouse over to the left or right sides of your screen to access the Sidebar or Inspectors.
Combine the AppleScript language with OmniOutliner’s wonderfully documented library for serious automation.
Each document is different than the last, so don’t get stuck with using the same toolbar with every document. In Pro, create a document-specific toolbar that gets saved in the file itself.
- General - The Paste command functions in the save panel and document name popover. This also allows TextExpander to work in these cases.
- Exports - Exporting password protected documents to non-OmniOutliner file formats will correctly leave the output unencrypted.
- Copy/Paste - Moving rows between an .oo3 file and an .ooutline file that has the note icon column in different positions will correctly map column values.
- Outline View - Using the Show All Notes command when notes are collapsed in hidden rows will properly toggle the notes and update the command to change to Hide All Notes.
- Outline View - When the Scale to fit page width print option is off, page break indicators will appear when resizing a column by dragging on the column edge.
- Paste - Using the Paste command when content is copied from Nisus Writer will correctly paste without styles.
- Paste - Using the Paste command when content is copied from Google Chrome’s address bar will correctly paste without styles.
- Inspectors - The Long format label in the Column Type inspector for Duration columns has the correct background color.
- Sidebar - The checkboxes for Named Styles in the Styles sidebar no longer flicker when moving between rows with the arrow keys.
- General - Removed the locking ability of tabs in the sidebar and inspectors as they don’t serve any purpose in v5.
- Style View - The Style View row highlighting will clear when clicking in empty space above or below the outline.
- Document Stats - Note content will be counted in the Document Stats even when the column displaying the note icons is hidden.
- Columns - All documents in Essentials mode will use an autosizing outline column regardless of how the setting is configured.
- Exports - Fixed exporting to docx format when non-image attachments are embedded in the file. These files are not supported by the format and will be represented by the name of the attachment.
- Exports - Fixed exporting to the xlsx format when cells contain nothing but a link.