Shredo is a beautiful, functional file-shredding utility. It permanently shreds files, folders, and external volumes' contents to keep information secure and impossible for anyone to retrieve. Depending on security level and data-erase speed, you have 3 shredding methods at your disposal:
- 1-pass - Offers good security and quickest erase of data. It deletes access information to your files and writes random bytes over the data once.
- 7-pass - Slower speed, but better security than 1-pass. Writes over data 7 times, based on US Department of Defence (DoD) 5220-20 M standard algorithms.
- 35-pass - Slowest, but offers the best security. Erases file access info and writes over the data 35 times, based on the Gutmann method for deletion.
- fixed a rare bug for disk permissions access not working on Monterey
- Title: Shredo 18.104.22.168
- Developer: mymixapps
- Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later
- Language: English
- Includes: K'ed by HCiSO
- Size: 8.55 MB