NeoOffice is a complete office suite for OS X. With NeoOffice, users can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, LibreOffice documents, and simple Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
NeoOffice is extremely stable and thousands of users use it daily. The NeoOffice engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time.
Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that users will not find in OpenOffice or LibreOffice such as:
- NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu to open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
- File > Browse All Versions menu to restore previous versions of your documents
- Native file locking to safely edit files in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or network drives
- Native OS X grammar checking
- Native OS X text highlighting
- Support for OS X Services
- Native floating tool windows
NeoOffice, OpenOffice, and LibreOffice users: before you buy NeoOffice, we recommend that you click on the "NeoOffice support" link and read the list of changes.
This version of NeoOffice fixes the following bugs. Special thanks go to the security researchers and engineers at LibreOffice.org who identified and provided fixes for these bugs:
- NeoOffice no longer crashes when opening some Hangul WP 97 .hwp documents.
- NeoOffice no longer crashes when opening some older Microsoft Word .doc documents.
- NeoOffice now asks the user for permission before updating links in a document. In previous versions of NeoOffice, NeoOffice would silently update links in some documents.
El Capitan Public Beta users: this version also fixes the following bugs:
- Opening a new window while in full screen mode no longer causes NeoOffice to hang
- Typing text in a full screen mode window no longer fails